Saturday, March 17, 2012

Anomalous Material Weekly Feature: 10 Little Known Movies You Need to See Now

Here we are again true believers, with my latest weekly 10 best feature for the fine folks over at Anomalous Material.  For those of you not in the know, those same said fine folks have given me a (possibly foolish on their behalf) regular gig as feature writer.  It is a series of top ten lists on various cinematic subjects - and anyone who knows me can attest to how perfectly suited I am to such an endeavor (yes I am a  list nerd).  This week's feature, my twenty-fourth such feature, is the first in what will be a bi-monthly series looking at those obscure gems of cinema that get overlooked all too often.  The strange and the beautiful.  The unknown and the forgotten.  The lost and the found.   These are the films that you have probably never even heard of.  Okay, I am sure some of you have, but still, you get my point.


As I said above, this is going to be a regular bi-monthly series over at AM, which is a good thing because, sadly enough, there are probably several hundred more films that need to be included in such a list/series.  Below is an image from one of these several hundred that can also act as a preview for the next installment in this series.

 

3 comments:

Dave Enkosky said...

Great list. Glad to see Seconds and Make Way for Tomorrow getting some love.

Kevyn Knox said...

Seconds definitely needs a release on Criterion.

Chip Lary said...

A couple of those I've never even heard of. I have seen Detour. I really liked how the more the character narrates to us, the more we realize that he may not be telling us the truth.