Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Mom Was Right - I'm A Winner!!

As many of you may already know (those of you paying enough attention to my cinematic ramblings) I had entered a classic film review contest last month - and a screwball one at that.  Our job was to write a review on a classic screwball comedy.  Easy enough.  Not wishing to be part of the popular vote, the piece I wrote for said contest was on the rather obscure screwball/mystery hybrid The Mad Miss Manton, starring the world's finest actress, Miss Barbara Stanwyck, and it was written for the fine folks over at FilmClassics.  In actuality there were just two entries in this contest (and strangely enough, both on the same rather obscure Barbara Stanwyck classic) and it was neck-and-neck during the voting process (readers voted for their favourite entry, which I believe probably came down to my friends voting against my opponent's friends).  The final results though were a 53% to 47% victory for your humble narrator.  My first place finish not only puts me in the running for the Best Review of the Year (which I assume is awarded around year's end) but also gets me the snazzy ribbon below (which will become a permanent fixture on the sidebar of this here blog).  I do want to take this time to thank the fine folks over at FilmClassics, as well as offer a hearty handshake to my aforementioned opponent, Natalie over at In The Mood.  There is another contest coming up tomorrow at FilmClassics - perhaps I will try my hand at that one too (or would that be considered greedy?).

6 comments:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Congrats, Kev! You had asked people on Facebook to vote (early and often) and I always do what you say."

*Blatant Twilight Zone reference.

Kevyn Knox said...

Ha! Thanx.

Natalie said...

Congratulations! This is me offering a handshake right back at you. ;) You deserved the win!

Until Later On~

Kevyn Knox said...

Thank you my worthy adversary. Perhaps we will meet again on the field of battle.

Seriously though, thanx.

Anna said...

So proud of your cybermetal! Keep more coming!

MP said...

Congrats!!!! This is very much diserved!