Monday, March 21, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews:
Take Me Home Tonight

I saw this movie two weeks ago and I posted my review over at The Cinematheque, but somehow forgot to post a link here at my blog.  Well, better late than never as they say.  Of course the film is somewhat forgettable so perhaps that is why.  Whatever the case, here is my take on a film that takes place at a time where I would have been the same age as the movie's characters - the film is set in 1988 and they graduated in 1984 (I myself am the Class of '85).  Nostalgic or not (and I am usually a sucker for nostalgia) the film wasn't really all that good.


Here is a shot of Topher Grace wondering why since the end of That 70's Show has he only managed to leap one decade.  Perhaps for your next movie you can play some failed dot-commer somewhere in the late 90's.

No comments: